Melton City Little Athletics 20/21 COVID Protocols
The following protocols have been put in place with Little Athletics Victoria and Melton Council in order for our season to go ahead. All athletes and families must adhere to these protocols.
• Only ONE supporting parent/guardian is authorised to attend with athletes. If 2 parents/ guardians wish to attend, one MUST be signed up to volunteer throughout the event.
• Upon arrival athletes and families must sign in to the attendance register, a QR code will be provided. At this time, each attendee will have temperature checked, if a reading is higher than 37.5 degrees, unfortunately attendance will not be permitted.
-Do not attempt to attend if showing any cold or flu type symptoms.
• The social distancing (1.5m) policy is in place, along with groups no larger than 10. Ensure groups are spaced reasonably apart.
• All families are to comply with the Get In, Compete/Train, Get Out plan.
• Face masks are to be worn by all attendees 12 years and older, including athletes when not actively participating in an event.
• Athletes to ensure no contact e.g. high fives, handshakes etc. When not competing, athletes are to remain with parents/guardians, no ball games etc permitted between events.
• Athletes are to bring their own drink bottles, sunscreen and personal equipment. These are to be kept with the athlete or their family, as there will be no age group ‘baskets’ to put these items in.
• Strictly only Athletes, Volunteers and Committee members permitted on the track.
• Hand sanitizer will be available and must be applied when asked. If you have allergies that don’t allow you to use the supplied sanitizer, please bring your own and apply as requested.
We do anticipate changes to these protocols as the government guidelines change, however please keep in mind we are required to follow Little Athletics Victoria and the Melton Council guidelines throughout the season. We will advise any changes as they occur